William B. Hensley, III Scholarship Fund
Bill Hensley was a CPA, a businessman and an entrepreneur. He worked in banking after college, and when he came to Wabash County, he worked for the Shirt Shed. Mr. Hensley was involved for 28 years in owning, creating, developing, financing, and managing several nationally licensed sportswear companies. And when he wasn’t involved in his businesses, he was pursuing his passion of work with youth and coaching sports, He was an important force in coaching and managing the fields of Wabash Little League. Later he co-founded Gym Rats, Inc. and he organized and coached Spiece Gym Rat basketball teams, giving many players secure scholarships to further their education through basketball. Bill passed away at the young age of 58. His wife Cindy and sons J. R. and Todd, along with family and friends, created this scholarship to remember Bill’s love of athletics.
- Wabash County high school graduate with a minimum "C" average
- Must maintain a "C" average in college
- Full-time student at any accredited university or college
- Collegiate sport participant, not including intramurals (proof of participation will be required)
- Recipients of full-tuition athletic scholarship are not eligible