Wabash Baking Powder Company Scholarship
The Wabash Baking Powder Company Scholarship was established to preserve the company legacy as a flourishing enterprise and was once the largest private brand baking powder factory in the world, producing not only baking powder, but a variety of flavoring extracts, gelatin extracts, powdered skim milk, and cocoa for over 200 companies. The Wabash Baking Powder Company was located on the northwest corner of South Wabash Street and Water Street. The building was directly on the Wabash & Erie Canal and was believed to have originally been a warehouse for the import and export of Canal goods and merchandise.
- Enrolling in a two or four year institution leading to a degree or career in education, engineering, agriculture, business, or manufacturing
- Graduate of a Wabash County high school
- Work experience and have been involved in extracurricular and community activities
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Traditional or non-traditional students
- Financial need