Gene Custer is a lifelong Wabash County resident and farmer and a generous supporter of charitable causes. Gene established the Custer Scholarship Fund to help deserving students pursue post-secondary education. The award is given based on work experience or engagement in extra-curricular school, religious, or community activities; and a character of talent, ambition, initiative, and kindness.
- Resident of Wabash County for at least one year
- Graduate of a Wabash County public or private high school or of an accredited homeschool program
- Maintained a GPA of a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale in high school
- Graduate of a high school in the past three years
- Plans to enroll in an accredited postsecondary program that awards degrees or career certifications.