Wabash City Schools Education Fund
Wabash City Schools and the Community Foundation of Wabash County together are pleased to announce the creation of the Wabash City Schools Foundation Fund.
Wabash City Schools seeks to build a legacy of opportunity for all. In an effort to advance that legacy and leverage the relationships we have in our community and abroad, WCS is proud to announce a partnership with the Community Foundation of Wabash County to create a 501(c)(3) Foundation Fund so that donors can receive a tax benefit while supporting the mission of Wabash City Schools.
The WCS Foundation Fund is structured to financially support Wabash City Schools through a focus on its key pillars: Wellness, Innovation, Relationships, Academics, and Citizenship.
- In support of wellness and safety programs and initiatives aimed at addressing the physical health, social and emotional well-being, and development and safety of students.
- In support of programs and initiatives aimed at providing students leading-edge, innovative, learning opportunities which are linked to high paying vocations and the acquisition of skills required to compete in a global economy.
- In support of programs and initiatives aimed at building and strengthening relationships with all stakeholders.
- In support of programs and initiatives aimed at advancing academic rigor, student achievement, and impactful teaching.
- In support of programs and initiatives aimed at advancing greater citizenship qualities in our students to include critical thinking skills, civic responsibility, global perspectives, international student exchanges, and community service activities.
Creating an endowment allows WCS the ability to raise funds to support their initiatives and students, while allowing donors the benefit of making tax-deductible contributions. The Community Foundation will be responsible for all accounting and management of the fund, including administration, contributions, acknowledgements, and disbursements, which will lighten the school’s workload. The fund will also benefit from being invested with the other assets at the Community Foundation.
The Wabash City Schools Foundation Fund is a non-permanent endowment, meaning the principle initial gift as well as all earnings can be disbursed as grants, and will rely on continued contributions to sustain the fund. Donors wishing to support Wabash City Schools can make tax-deductible contributions online or via mail to the Community Foundation of Wabash County, memo Wabash City Schools Foundation Fund. Donors can choose the focus of their gift be it a one-time donation, automatic deductions, or estate allocations to one of the pillar categories.