Communications Internship Opportunity
Mission: The Community Foundation of Wabash County serves the citizens of Wabash County by implementing their charitable aspirations, making grants, investing and safeguarding charitable assets, providing information regarding charitable endeavors, and convening citizens and linking resources to address issues confronting our shared lives.
Employment Status: Temporary, part-time employee
Eligibility: Candidate must be enrolled in an Indiana college or university, part or full-time, degree seeking. 2018 Graduates must be enrolled in a graduate program at an Indiana college or university. Individual must be dependable, professional and possess excellent intrapersonal skills. Ability to prioritize and work independently are imperative.
Direct Report: Executive Director
Position Summary: The Intern will enhance the effectiveness of the Community Foundation through advancing public awareness, supporting programming initiatives, and optimizing the CFWC database. Throughout the course of the internship, the intern will work with the Marketing & Communications Director to assist in the execution of a comprehensive Marketing & Communications Plan. They will also work with the Program Director to research Wabash County needs and support grant and scholarship programs. Additionally, the intern will work with the Executive Assistant to become trained in using and optimizing the CFWC database.
Intern Marketing Responsibilities:
- Help to develop material for Website, Facebook, and electronic newsletter
- Assist in development of an electronic newsletter
- Help create written materials for publications, press releases, and correspondence
- Create profiles of donors, grantees, volunteers, and board members at the direction of supervisors
- Assist in Event planning and execution while operating within event budgets
- Photograph donors, grantees, events, scholars, board members, staff and others as requested
- Assist in development, execution and delivery of event materials
- Provide periodic progress reports to staff
Intern Programming Responsibilities:
- Meet with students to promote continued education and discuss scholarship opportunities
- Research information for effective grantmaking and donor advised fund distribution
- Attend community and CFWC Committee and Board meetings
- Assist with the scholarship program and production of scholarship publications
Intern Database Responsibilities:
- Become knowledgeable on CFWC database functions, and assist with database and list management
- Conduct database clean-up, improvement, and maintenance
- Preserve records by assisting with scanning, filing, faxing, and organizing historic documents
The intern will perform other duties as needed in support of the strategic priorities, such as, but not limited to general administrative and office support functions, greet, receive and accommodate office visitors, and answer phones.
- Currently enrolled as a full or part-time student in an Indiana college or university, degree seeking
- 2018 graduate must be enrolled in a graduate program at an Indiana college or university
- Dependable and professional
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel